Join a small team of passionate individuals whose mission is to create strong neighborhood connections that promote sustainable green practices and support Oakland’s designation as one of the greenest cities in the country. This is an exciting role that will help kick start our 10-year anniversary fundraising efforts and lead us into the next stage of growth.
The Development and Communications Manager is an ambitious and goal-oriented professional who possesses broad knowledge of the principles of fundraising and is able to participate in all aspects of the gift cycle. You will be responsible for initiating contact with potential donors; work in collaboration with staff and advisors to develop cultivation strategies; solicit sponsorship dollars from local businesses and work with potential donors from interest through to closure.
By taking advantage of the tremendous excitement and interest from the horticulture industry and bay area community, you will play a pivotal role in helping us meet the demand for added events and activities.
The role is15-20 hours per week on-site in downtown Oakland and a perfect fit for anyone who loves the environment, strategic planning, and bringing together people from various communities.
* Develop and implement a strategy for donor acquisition and donor development
* Perform ongoing research of potential corporate sponsors and prospects.
* Develop a marketing and communications plan to generate income through community activities and major gifts
* Review existing sponsorship materials and modify where necessary
* Create messages and marketing materials that motivate giving among individual donors, the corporate/business community and the media.
* Create a plan that staff can follow once the project is complete.
* Minimum of five years' experience in a fundraising or business development role with a proven track record of achieving and surpassing targets
* A strategic approach and experience with project planning
* Demonstrated experience in donor development (or customer relationship management) and donor care
* Proficiency in computer skills: Outlook, Word, Excel, and considerable experience of working with databases
* Knowledge of current and emerging marketing trends and best practices, including expanding online technologies and other web-based resources
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Ability to articulate a compelling case for philanthropic support in a complex external fundraising environment
* Reliable vehicle, valid California driver's license, proof of insurance, and clean driving record
To apply, send resume to Monica tat ThePlantExchange@yahoo.com.
- Donor Management
- Sales Coaching & Training
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Customer Acquisition
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment