You will be a friend.
Act as an empowering extension of Crossroads Community, Inc. experience. Enhance skill development and expand exposure to community resources for specific individuals assigned.
You will be a partner in recovery.
Work cooperatively with and at the direction of the Rehabilitation Specialist and other Psychiatric Rehabilitation Program (PRP) staff assist as a friend in the recovery journey of the individual.
- Relate to client in warm, friendly and accepting manner
- Attend designated orientation and training sessions
- Make a commitment to make contact in person or by telephone minimum of 4 hours monthly.
- Comply with Crossroads Community, Inc Confidentiality and Incident Management. Policies and Code of Ethics
- Report issues, problems or concerns to Resource Development Coordinator, his/her designee, Rehabilitation Specialist and/or PRP Manager for resolution.
- Maintain log of hours worked. Submit monthly to Resource Development Coordinator.
- Maintain satisfactory performance review.
- Sensitivity to those with mental illness
- Openness to constructive supervision
- Good listener
- Reliable transportation
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1 hour per week for at least a year