Are you a people person? Do you like to make new people? Are you good at counting money?
Come and volunteer at the Uhuru Breakfast & Lunch Booth at the Saturday Morning Market!
Uhuru Foods prepares, cooks, and sells high quality, delicious foods/pies to cutomers. All the proceeds that we raise benefit the African People's Education and Defense Fund which is a non-profit in St. Petersburg struggling to end the disparities faced in the African community in the areas of health, healthcare, economic development and education.
-Have fun and make a difference!
-No Experience is necessary-we will train you!
-We will work with your schedule. Volunteers needed anytime between 7am-4pm. You can volunteer the whole day or part of the day.
-Complete service hours!
-Meet new people- learn new skills!
-All volunteers enjoy a breakfast from our menu when you work with us!
Contact us today to sign up or for more information!
Reply to this posting or call 888-519-4022 (Liu Montsho Kwayera-volunteer coordinator)
- People Skills
- Food Service
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 13
- Uhuru Pies are back in Gulfport!
- Serve for the African Community!
- A Delicious Way to Volunteer!
- Volunteer @ the Booth for Freedom!
- Got Muscles? Saturday Market...
- Set-Up/Break Down Help Needed!
- Bake Pies That Make a Difference!
- Market Set-up Help Needed!
- Volunteer Coordinator Needed!
- Calling All Early-bird Volunteers!
- Holiday Baking Volunteers Needed!
- Like to cook? Love food?
- Cooking for a Cause
- Let's Get Baking!
- Cooking for Change!
- Got a Van? Volunteer with our...
- "The Price is Right!"
- Order Up! Serving freedom for...
- A Market Day in May!