The graphic design intern will work with the Marketing Director and the Digital Media Coordinator to assist with marketing and design efforts, specifically:
- Creating show postcards to promote gallery exhibits
- Creating graphics and updating website and email campaigns
- Taking photos and/or short videos at events
- Managing photography and digital file archives
- Various design projects as assigned
- Attending relevant meetings
In addition to these duties, the Graphic Design Intern will have an opportunity to work with other staff members relating to programming, education and development. The Graphic Design intern will gain a good understanding of how non-profits work.
Other tasks might include working at various events (when available), coordinating mass mailings, assisting with distribution of flyers and brochures to promote events, and general office assistance (answering phones, making copies, etc.). This is an unpaid internship.
- Intern must be able to work independently and with others
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, are essential
- Ability to see a project from the beginning to end and to meet deadlines is critical
- Well organized with a specific understanding of how to manage digital files
- Demonstrated knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, In Design and other Adobe software and/or still and digital video cameras.
- Must have good understanding of what makes a compelling photograph, print piece and digital asset
Please submit a resume and portfolio for review and be prepared to discuss 3 design projects that you've completed independently. Consider how your design made an impact on the end-user and how you used design to communicate an intended message.
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Graphic Design
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 6 to 20 hours per week