Our Adult Employment and Training Program helps under- and unemployed persons through the employment process, by providing career development counseling, training and resources to gain credentials and experience to gain living wage employment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Teaching and Instruction
- Assist and teach Basic Computer Training to assist adult job seekers.
- Curriculum and training will be provided. Develop your teaching and coaching skills, as you help community members learn basic Word, internet, and Gmail. Six-session class covers basic computer use; beginners MS Word 2013; navigating the internet; setting up and using email; and culminates in the preparation for participants to take the Northstar Digital Literacy Certification Exam.
Job Lab Help Desk
- Assist job lab participants in internet computer navigation: email, internet, word, Mavis Beacon.
- Help participants one-on-one with job searching needs.
- Assist participants in the completion of employer applications on the internet
- Assist participants in the completion of resumes and cover letters
- Assist with other computer programs that the participants will be utilizing.
Criteria for Selection - what skills, interest and experiences are needed for this assignment?
- Skills and interest in teaching and public presentation.
- Customer service skills with the ability to communicate professionally in person and over the phone.
- Computer fluency and an ability to teach basic computer skills.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with diverse cultures.
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Group Facilitation
- Microsoft Office Suite
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Flexible, 3 hours per week minimum
- Skills and interest in teaching and public presentation. Customer service skills with the ability to