Are you a stickler for accurate recordkeeping? Does working with numbers put a smile on your face? If so, we would like to talk with you!
JAARS makes Bible translation and language development possible in the most remote and difficult areas in the world through transportation, technology, media, and training.
That takes people who are willing to help keep our various financial records and pay vendors. Your skills will help further Bible translation. Contact us today!
Accurately record and summarize financial transactions according to generally accepted accounting principles and to issue checks for payments to vendors.
- For a volunteer or a staff person who raises support
- Must be a US citizen or green card holder to apply
- Prepare the payment journal
- Manage the issuance of checks to vendors
- Use computerized systems to accomplish these tasks
- Communicate any issues to supervisor
- This is a .1 FTE position
- Demonstrate a deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS, and help us live them effectively
Education and Experience Desired
- One year of education in bookkeeping and one year of bookkeeping experience
- Or two year accounting degree (AA degree)
- Ability to use a computer and learn the related software programs needed to complete the work
JAARS is a 501(c)(3) non-profit Christian ministry headquartered on a beautiful 500+ acre campus just south of Charlotte, NC. Our campus includes extensive training facilities, an airport, office and commercial facilities, guest housing, food services, recreational areas, health clinic, on-site childcare, and youth and family ministry support for staff and partners.
We are pleased to have more than five hundred people serving on our campus. We partner closely with SIL International, the organizations of the Wycliffe Global Alliance and other organizations locally and globally.
JAARS vision is that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
JAARS mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media, and training.
JAARS Core Values
Together in Christ, we commit to:
- Seek God Above All
- Serve in Love
- Act with Integrity
- Steward God’s Resources with Courage
- Pursue Excellence
- Collaborate with Respect
- Create a Culture of Innovation
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 2 hours weekly
- Kitchen Assistant
- Avionics Technician
- IT Project Manager
- IT Support Specialist
- Aviation Parts/Inventory Manager
- Aviation Mechanic
- Mission Team Assistant
- Software Developer - Language
- Partner Relations Representative
- Gift Shop Business Coordinator
- Special Events Coordinator
- Training Coordinator
- Mission Team Manager Assistant
- IT Test Engineer
- Type Designer
- Director of Technology and...
- 4WD and Motorcycle Instructor
- Engagement Project Coordinator
- Housekeeping General Duties Staff