Compassus Hospice is looking for compassionate people to brighten the days of our patients who reside in private homes, nursing homes, and assisted-living facilities around the Chester and Delaware county areas.
Volunteer fills the gap between loved ones and professional caregivers. Volunteers are there even when friends and family find it hard to do so. They visit on a schedule, yet are open to change as dictated by the patient’s health and interests. Volunteers are unpaid, yet priceless.
Please contact us if you're interested in volunteering for this very rewarding and life affirming experience.
As a hospice volunteer, you need to:
- Participate in volunteer orientation
- Be dependable
- Be patient
- Be a listener, and comfortable in silence
- Be non-judgmental
- Have transportation
As a hospice volunteer, you will:
- Make friendly visits
- Read with patients
- Actively listen
- Provide compassion and support
Our volunteers say they get as much joy from the experience as our patients. If you have an interest in becoming part of our volunteer team, call us at 610-436-1853 or visit our volunteer page on our website for more information!
- Veteran Care
- Hospice Care
- Elder care
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Volunteers spend appox. 2hours per week visiting
- kindess, compassion
- Volunteer Music
- Hair Stylists Needed - Chester...
- Veteran - Veteran Hospice...
- Make volunteering your 2017...
- Massage Therapists - volunteer...
- VOLUNTEERS NEEDED - WEST CHESTER
- Do you have a heart for Seniors?
- Music Volunteers Needed
- Office Volunteers Needed
- Hospice Volunteer/Veteran
- Volunteer in the New Year!
- Become a Patient Support Volunteer
- Are you pursing a Healthcare...
- Can you devote an hour to a...
- Volunteer Massage Therapists...
- Do you live in Chester County?...
- Give back this summer - become a...
- Become a Hospice Volunteer and...
- Attention Students! Volunteer in...
- HOSPICE VOLUNTEER - Delaware...