Prosperity Center is seeking a friendly volunteer with excellent communication skills to assist us during tax season!
We are looking for a bright and engaged volunteer with the following qualifications:
- Manage all incoming calls. There is only one incoming phone line so they only have to handle one call at a time. But the phone calls will be constant.
- Identify and assess caller’s needs and advise them accordingly; the Prosperity Center receives specific types of calls; i.e.: VITA tax prep information, First Time Home Buyer program, Credit Counseling appointments, food stamp application appointments, follow-up appointments with financial coach. I will have a detailed process on how to handle these common calls.
- Excellent communication (phone) skills; strong customer service skills; strong listening skills
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Ability to respond to different types of callers
- Minimum high school diploma
- Previous phone/customer service experience is a plus but not required
The volunteer position would start in February and be part time on Mondays and Fridays between 9:30-3:30pm with a four-hour commitment.
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- At least four hours a week.