Come help us facilitate immigrant integration by joining our Computer Literacy Class as a Teaching Aide!
Our organization: Building Skills Partnership (BSP) is a non-profit organization and a unique collaboration between responsible businesses and the Service Employees International Union (SEIU) to build a strong future for low-wage service workers and their families by advancing skills, opportunities and self-sufficiency.
Volunteer Skill Requirements:
* Patience, enthusiasm, and respect for other cultures.
* Dependability and flexibility.
* Conversational Spanish skills and teaching experience desired but not required.
* Assist in a multi-level computer literacy class for low-wage immigrant workers.
* Support instructor in teaching basic to advanced computer applications varying from simple keyboarding to different Windows Operating Systems, spreadsheets, and other programs.
* Support the instructor with computer skill learning activities by working with small groups of students.
* Commitment to volunteer in the great majority of Saturday classes offered for at least 4 months.
When: Saturdays 10 AM- 12:30 PM. Classes will begin January 21, 2017
Where: SEIU-USWW Office -3411 East 12th St. Oakland, CA 94601 (Right by Fruitvale Bart)
Benefits: As a volunteer at BSP you will receive training and acquire skills in teaching computers, ESL, intercultural literacy all the while facilitating immigrant integration here in the Bay Area. BSP is a registered 501(c)(3) and volunteer hours can count towards fulfilling a community service requirement and boosting a resume!
Thousands of low-wage workers dream of a better future for their families. Help break the technological and skill barriers in the Bay Area by expanding the reach of BSP's educational programs! We can't wait to hear from you!
For more information or to apply please email Marcail@buildingskills.org
- Adult Education
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Computer Science
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Once a week for at least 4 months.