We are looking for talented interns who have a passion for doing meaningful work and have strong writing, social media, and graphic design skills. Creative, sharp and compassionate individuals ready to hit the ground running with an internship are encouraged to apply. If selected, you will assist in generating marketing plans and following them through to completion.
Volunteers will receive free admission to our monthly Sustainable Urban Gardening Speaker Series.
- Assist with creation of event collateral such as flyers, posters, t-shirt design, signs, and more.
- Support the distribution of event marketing materials both online and offline.
- Help manage social media campaigns.
- Ensure that campaigns, assets, communications and messaging are consistent across channels.
- Create press releases and pitch media.
- Solicit and track raffle prize donations.
- Participate in developing blog content, strategy and outreach while collaborating and building blogger networks.
- Assist with volunteer recruitment and retention and plant donation solicitation as needed.
- Bachelors in marketing, communications or related field.
- Experience working with or a deep understanding of non-profit organizations.
- Skilled at popular social media platforms.
- Excellent communication skills, grammar, and has a creative eye for design.
- Proficient in creative and graphic design programs.
- Self starter and ability to balance multiple priorities.
- Knowledge of computer software including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, social media and other digital outreach.
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Public Relations
- Graphic Design / Print
- Administrative Support
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment