The Plant Exchange seeks a dynamic Fundraising Volunteer to help support the organization during our next stage of rapid growth. This is a great opportunity to learn how a non-profit organization can generate revenue through a sponsorship model.
The Fundraising Volunteer is responsible for soliciting sponsorship contracts and agreements, and maximizing sponsorship revenue. He or she will also be responsible for building relationships with key partners and researching new opportunities. The volunteer will be responsible for the recruiting of sponsors as well as assist with the implementation, management, and administration of sponsorship processes.
As a Fundraising Volunteer, you will aid The Plant Exchange in fulfilling our mission of creating strong neighborhood connections, encouraging green practices and support Oakland’s designation as one of the greenest cities in the country.
Volunteers are given free admission to our monthly Sustainable Urban Gardening Speaker Series events.
- Tailor sponsorship sales materials and promotional programs to targeted categories and companies.
- Create sponsorship timetables well in advance of scheduled events.
- Effectively pitch sponsorship package to prospects.
- Track and schedule follow-up calls and meetings.
- Assist in delivering sponsorship benefits.
- Perform ongoing research of potential corporate sponsors and prospects.
- Greet and cultivate sponsors at events.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, sales, advertising, business administration, or a related field of study.
- Experience working with or a deep understanding of non-profit organizations.
- Professionalism, verbal, written, listening, and public speaking skills.
- Excellent understanding of and experience in management of sponsorship contracts.
- Must be well organized with strong time management skills and must be detailed oriented.
- Experience working with event event management teams.
- Knowledge of computer software including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, social media and other digital outreach.
- Data Entry
- Sales Process
- Customer Acquisition
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment