Development Grants Coordinator
Function of Organization: Planned Parenthood of Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota is a non-profit organization that provides reproductive health care to tens of thousands of women, men, teens and families each year. Planned Parenthood of Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota is an affiliate of the Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) and believes that everyone should have access to quality medical care at an affordable cost. Planned Parenthood’s medical services are complemented by educational programs and advocacy for family planning and reproductive rights.
General Description: The Development Grants Coordinator, under the direction of the Grants Manager, will provide support for the foundation relations work done within the Development Department. The Development Grants Coordinator’s primary responsibility will be to research, organize, and assist in writing grant proposals that support short- and long-term fundraising goals at Planned Parenthood. The Coordinator will also collect and synthesize relevant proposal information, assist with foundation prospect research and make recommendations for application, and assist with maintaining calendar of activity for the grant process.
* Research current information about relevant subjects useful in grant proposals.
* Draft proposals and reports as needed.
* Identify new prospects by researching potential foundation grant makers and monitoring/searching various sources to identify applicable grant opportunities.
* Analyze and recommend funding opportunities to pursue based on projects identified by PPMNS.
* Manage and update an ongoing list of prospect foundations.
* Proofread outgoing letters, proposals, reports and other grant documents.
* Assist in coordinating and compiling supplemental documents for proposals and reports as needed.
* Ability to research, compile and communicate relevant information for grants.
* Experience in all aspects of grant management.
* Growth in the skills needed for donor relations particular to foundations.
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- Must have weekday M-F 8-5 availability. 5-10 hours
- College or graduate level preferred. Interest in philanthropy and development. Research & analysis.