A Free Bird is a 501(C)(3) non-profit organization based in New York City. Our focus is to provide children, ages 4-18 who are patients or survivors of juvenile cancer, the opportunity to explore their artistic passions and give them the strength to fight their disease. We believe that artistic expression is critical for healing! A Free Bird supports children affected by cancer in their exploration of art, music, acting, poetry, writing, singing and any other artistic passion they may have.
After a very incredible and successful year, we are seeking a highly skilled volunteer admin. Your passion and dedication will directly lead to more young people getting the arts opportunities they deserve.
Carry out any responsibilities the Administrative Department may have. Provide administrative support and ensure a smooth running of daily operations by arranging communication between all departments and all managers and the Executive Director.
- Serve as liaison between the president and head of departments to ensure mutual understanding of tasks, goals, and agendas.
- Remains in constant contact with the head of departments.
- Updates calendars, agendas, and supporting documents on a daily basis.
- Organizing, storing, and managing files.
- Coordinate and participate in department meetings and follow up on action items.
- Must support and maintain mission goal and statement of organization.
- Understanding of Microsoft Office and Google drive, including Google +
- Administrative and/or bookkeeping experience.
- Ability to work as part of a team within a fast paced environment.
- Excellent communication, both written and oral, skills.
- Ability to pay attention to detail.
- Executive Admin
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Volunteer Magazine Editor ASAP...
- Volunteer Director of Development
- TV Crew Director
- Volunteer CPA
- Graphic Designer for NonProfit
- VP of Marketing Volunteer
- Music Video Animator for NonProfit
- Set Designer for TV Show
- Package Assembler Volunteer
- Fundraising Assistant
- Piano Tutor for Child Fighting...
- Administration Volunteer
- Administrative Assistant
- Marketing Assistant
- Costume Designer for TV Show
- Graphic Designer for Non Profit
- Production Designer for TV Show
- Volunteer Talented Guitar Tutor
- Volunteer Artist Manager
- PR Social Media Coordinator