A Free Bird is a 501(C)(3) non-profit organization based in New York City. Our focus is to provide children, ages 4-18 who are patients or survivors of juvenile cancer, the opportunity to explore their artistic passions and give them the strength to fight their disease. We believe that artistic expression is critical for healing! A Free Bird supports children affected by cancer in their exploration of art, music, acting, poetry, writing, singing and any other artistic passion they may have.
After a very incredible and successful year and in order to help as many kids as possible we are seeking a highly skilled volunteer/intern fundraiser for the new year, 2017. Your passion and dedication will directly lead to more young people getting the arts opportunities they deserve.
Assisting Fundraising Coordinator/VP of Fundraising with any job-related task for Fundraising assistant. Consisting of, but not limited to: scheduling appointments for Fundraising Coordinator, assisting in reaching out to donors, supporters for companies, researching information, creating documents, sending emails, setting up meetings with other department heads, reaching out to other departments for information.
- Supports Candidate Fundraising Director in organizing meetings, staffing events and preparing materials
- Prepares donor meeting and event materials as necessary
- Plays lead role in scheduling for the department
- Make phone calls and send emails to lists of identified prospective donors, including keeping track of the call history.
- Help develop other lists of potential donors where the names are known but not contact information.
- Internet searching
- Keeping consistent relations with donors and future donors/sponsors.
- Assists in the development of Brochures, flyers, posters, etc.
- Must support and maintain mission goal and statement of organization.
- Meet at least once per week meet with Fundraising Coordinator.
- Understanding of Google Docs
- Understanding of Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc.
- Friendly phone personality, etiquette on being able to write emails.
- Highly organized.
- Experience with Internet Searching.
- Ability to multitask and help manage a few projects at once.
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Graphic Designer-Magazine
- Children Programs Coordinator
- Development Director for Nonprofit
- VP of HR
- TV Crew Director
- VP of Marketing
- Set Designer for TV Show
- Fundraising Assistant
- Development Director
- Writer for TV Show
- Administration Volunteer
- Administration Assistant
- Sound Editor
- Marketing Assistant
- Costume Designer for TV Show
- Graphic Designer for Non Profit
- Fundraising Assistant
- Production Designer for TV Show
- Grant Writer
- Casting Director