Do you like taking the lead? Are you a rockstar at inspiring others around you? Do you like to help plan events for your community, family, friends or coworkers?
If you answered yes to any or all of those questions above we are looking for you to join us as our Walk Committee Chair (or Co-Chair) for our 2017 Walk MS: Northwest Suburbs on Sunday, May 7th.
WHAT IS WALK MS?
Walk MS is one of the National MS Society’s signature fundraising campaigns. It has been raising funds and awareness for the Society since 1988. To date, Walk MS has brought in over $970 million to support life changing programs and cutting-edge research.
Each Walk MS event offers a unique opportunity to engage with others with a connection to this disease who are coming together to raise funds and celebrate hope for the future.
WALK MS VISION
Walk MS is the rallying point of the MS Movement, a community coming together to raise funds and celebrate hope for the future.
Walk MS Committee Chair
- Work closely with staff partner to develop plan of action for Walk MS
- Facilitate Committee meetings as needed
- Promote Walk MS in the community through outreach and connections
- Serve as lead volunteer at Walk-related activities and on day of event to troubleshoot issues and manage flow of event
Training and Support: WE ARE HERE FOR YOU!
- Volunteer & Committee Orientation
- Planning session(s) with staff partner to develop plan of action and set committee goals
- Walk MS binder including information such as event goals & history, Committee roster, meeting schedules, FAQs, position description, Society programs/services information
- Meetings with staff partner (via phone or in person) to address any questions or concerns and to identify areas of greatest need.
- Excellent leadership, management, motivation, negotiation & communication skills
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Prior project or event management experience a plus
- Internet and email access
- Two year commitment (preferred)
- Estimated time commitment:February - May
- Monthly check in with Staff Partner
- Ongoing check in with committee chairs
- Additional time managing and coaching committee chairs/activities and projects and attending Walk MS-related events (kick-off, awards party, presentations, etc)
- Make a positive impact in the lives of all those affected by MS
- Network with high-impact community leaders
- Develop and enhance current leadership and management skills
- Gain valuable experience to enhance personal and career growth
- Event Planning / Management
- Relationship Building
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2-10 hours a week (depends)
- Committee Chair - WALK MS:...
- Walk MS 2017: South Suburbs:...
- Walk MS 2017: West Suburbs -...
- Walk MS 2017: McHenry County -...
- Licensed Medical Professionals...
- Bike MS 2017: Tour de Farms June...
- Walk MS 2017: Chicago, Soldier...
- Walk MS 2017: Rockford -...
- Walk MS 2017: Rockford
- Walk MS 2017: Northwest Suburbs:...
- Do You own a Motorcycle? Join...
- Walk MS 2017: St. Charles
- Walk MS 2017 - McHenry County...
- Walk MS 2017: Northwest Suburbs...
- Walk MS 2017 - Rockford Medical...
- Walk MS 2017: South Suburbs...
- Walk MS 2017 - St. Charles...
- Committee Leads - WALK MS: North...
- Committee Chair - WALK MS: North...
- Walk MS 2017 - North Shore...