Join us as we honor and remember the sacrfice of our United States military both past and present. Memorial flags, each with the name of a deceased veteran or KIA, are placed at the finish line.
- Packet Pick-Up - Friday, April 21 st - two shifts, 1PM - 4PM or 4PM to 7PM - Participants pick up their bags, race bibs and t-shirts. We will need ONE additional volunteer for each. Volunteers will mark off each name as they come in for their bags.
- Packet Pick-Up - Saturday, April 22 nd from 6AM - 11AM - This is the same as above but also for participants who register the day of the race. It can get a little crazy since we have about 100 people sign up the day of. We need THREE additional volunteers for this.
- Registration - Saturday, April 22 nd from 6AM - 10AM - We get quite a few race day registrations so these people help participants fill out forms, assign their bib numbers and take payment. We need FOUR additional volunteers for this.
- Course Marshalls - Saturday, April 22 nd from 6AM - 11AM - These volunteers line the race course, cheering the runners on. We need 94 additional volunteers. We’d like to have as many as possible, really!
- Bag Drop - Saturday, April 22 nd from 6AM - 11AM - Some participants will want to leave their bags while they run. Volunteers will stay with the bags in the USS Birmingham Library. It is on the lower level of the building so you can still watch what’s happening outside. We need ONE additional volunteer.
Please go to http://www.njuko.net/2017vawarmemorial5k/select_competition to register for this fun event!
- Customer Service
- People Skills
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- 5 hours