Come volunteer at The Treasure Chest to help support local non-profits here in the Quad Cities!
We are looking for a volunteer Promotions & Advertising Manager to p lan, direct, and coordinate advertising policies and programs or produce collateral materials, such as posters, contests, coupons, or give-aways, to create extra interest in the purchase of a product or service for the entire organization.
Primary Duties and Responsibilties
- Inspect layouts and advertising copy and edit scripts, audio and video tapes, and other promotional material for adherence to specifications.
- Plan and prepare advertising and promotional material to increase sales of products or services, working with customers, company officials, sales departments, and advertising agencies.
- Gather and organize information to plan advertising campaigns.
- Confer with clients to provide marketing or technical advice.
- Direct, motivate, and monitor the mobilization of a campaign team to advance campaign goals.
- Confer with department heads or staff to discuss topics such as contracts, selection of advertising media, or product to be advertised.
- Prepare budgets and submit estimates for program costs as part of campaign plan development.
- Prepare and negotiate advertising and sales contracts.
- Plan and execute advertising policies and strategies for organizations.
- Assist with annual budget development
- Provide presentation and product demonstration support during the introduction of new products and services to field staff and customers.
- Formulate plans to extend business with established accounts and to transact business as agent for advertising accounts.
- Direct and coordinate product research and development.
- Identify and develop contacts for promotional campaigns and industry programs that meet identified buyer targets, such as dealers, distributors, or consumers.
- Represent company at trade association meetings to promote products.
- Read trade journals and professional literature to stay informed on trends, innovations, and changes that affect media planning.
- Consult publications to learn about conventions and social functions and to organize prospect files for promotional purposes.
- Coordinate activities of departments, such as sales, graphic arts, media, finance, and research.
- Train and direct workers engaged in developing and producing advertisements.
- Track program budgets and expenses and campaign response rates to evaluate each campaign based on program objectives and industry norms.
- Monitor and analyze sales promotion results to determine cost effectiveness of promotion campaigns.
- Coordinate with the media to disseminate advertising.
- Contact organizations to explain services and facilities offered.
- Manage sales team including setting goals, providing incentives, and evaluating employee performance.
- Assemble and communicate with a strong, diverse coalition of organizations or public figures, securing their cooperation, support and action, to further campaign goals.
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Sales Marketing
- Graphic Design / Print
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 22
- Orientation or Training
- degree in marketing or advertising preferred and/or relevant experience