Each year the AACR hosts their world-renowned Annual Meeting, with upwards of 20,000 scientists, advocates, and healthcare professionals, who come together to learn about the latest breakthroughs in cancer science and what is happening on the frontlines to fight cancer.
This year’s Annual Meeting is in Washington, D.C. from April 1 - 5, and the AACR Foundation will be hosting its second annual 5K Run/Walk on Saturday, April 1. It is a wonderful opportunity to bring our researchers together with the Washington, D.C. community to raise funds and awareness for cancer research.
We need your help in all aspects of the race. Join the AACR Volunteer team.
- Provide support at the Start and Finish Line
- Distribute water to 5K participants
- Assist with registration the morning of the race
- Cheer on participants at various mile markers
- People Skills
- Customer Service
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 13
- 5 hours
- Must be able to stand for at least 2 hours.