Come volunteer at The Treasure Chest to help support local non-profits here in the Quad Cities!
We are looking for several volunteer Haulers to m anually move freight, stock, or other materials or perform other general labor, including hauling donated merchandise from various locations, and back to the store.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Move freight, stock, or other materials to and from storage or production areas, loading docks, delivery vehicles, ships, or containers, by hand or using trucks, tractors, or other equipment.
- Sort cargo before loading and unloading.
- Attach identifying tags to containers or mark them with identifying information.
- Read work orders or receive oral instructions to determine work assignments or material or equipment needs.
- Stack cargo in locations such as transit sheds or in holds of ships as directed, using pallets or cargo boards.
- Record numbers of units handled or moved, using daily production sheets or work tickets.
- Install protective devices, such as bracing, padding, or strapping, to prevent shifting or damage to items being transported.
- Direct spouts and position receptacles, such as bins, carts, or containers so they can be loaded.
- Attach slings, hooks, or other devices to lift cargo and guide loads.
- Maintain equipment storage areas to ensure that inventory is protected.
- Adjust controls to guide, position, or move equipment, such as cranes, booms, or cameras.
- Guide loads being lifted to prevent swinging.
- Wash out cargo containers or storage areas.
- Pack containers and re-pack damaged containers.
- Carry needed tools or supplies from storage or trucks and return them after use.
- Shovel material, such as gravel, ice, or spilled concrete, into containers or bins or onto conveyors.
- Connect electrical equipment to power sources so that it can be tested before use.
- Carry out general yard duties, such as performing shunting on railway lines.
- Rig or dismantle props or equipment, such as frames, scaffolding, platforms, or backdrops, using hand tools.
- Truck Driving
- Supply Chain Logistics
- Warehouse Equipment Operations
- Supply Chain
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 0-5hrs/week; 10:00AM - 6:30PM; Tuesday-Saturday
- ability to lift 100lbs or more, professional, organized, and efficient