Come volunteer at The Treasure Chest to help support local non-profits here in the Quad Cities!
We are looking for several volunteer Custodians to keep the building and store grounds in clean and orderly condition.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform heavy cleaning duties, such as cleaning floors, shampooing rugs, washing walls and glass, and removing rubbish.
- Duties may performing routine maintenance activities, notifying management of need for repairs, and cleaning snow or debris from sidewalk
- Service, clean, or supply restrooms.
- Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming.
- Gather and empty trash.
- Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment to prevent damage to floors and fixtures.
- Mix water and detergents or acids in containers to prepare cleaning solutions, according to specifications.
- Clean windows, glass partitions, or mirrors, using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges, or squeegees.
- Notify managers concerning the need for major repairs or additions to building operating systems.
- Requisition supplies or equipment needed for cleaning and maintenance duties.
- Dust furniture, walls, machines, or equipment.
- Strip, seal, finish, and polish floors.
- Clean and polish furniture and fixtures.
- Steam clean or shampoo carpets.
- Move heavy furniture, equipment, or supplies, either manually or by using hand trucks.
- Remove snow from sidewalks, driveways, or parking areas, using snowplows, snow blowers, or snow shovels, or spread snow melting chemicals.
- Monitor building security and safety.
- Clean laboratory equipment, such as glassware or metal instruments, using solvents, brushes, rags, or power cleaning equipment.
- Mow or trim lawns or shrubbery, using mowers or hand or power trimmers, and clear debris from grounds.
- Set up, arrange, or remove decorations, tables, chairs, ladders, or scaffolding to prepare facilities for events, such as banquets or meetings.
- Make adjustments or minor repairs to heating, cooling, ventilating, plumbing, or electrical systems.
- Facilities Management
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 0-5hrs/week; 10:00AM - 7PM; Tuesday-Saturday
- organized, professional, friendly, courteous, ability to lift up to 50lbs or more