Come volunteer at The Treasure Chest to help support local non-profits here in the Quad Cities!
We are looking for several volunteer Inventory Clerks to r eceive, store, and issue materials, equipment, and other items from iventory stockroom.
Primary Reponsibilities and Duties
- Keep records and compile stock reports.
- Handle merchandise stock in the inventory stockroom.
- Verify and maintain records on incoming and outgoing iventory from the stockroom.
- Pack and unpack items to be stocked on shelves in inventory stockrooms.
- Receive donated merchandise and inventory from the receiving and shipping warehouse, and the Donation Hub.
- Store items in an orderly and accessible manner in Inventory Stockroom.
- Examine and inspect stock items for wear or defects, reporting any damage to supervisors.
- Receive and count stock items, and record data manually or using computer.
- Mark stock items using identification tags, stamps, electric marking tools, or other labeling equipment.
- Verify inventory computations by comparing them to physical counts of stock, and investigate discrepancies or adjust errors.
- Issue or distribute materials, products, parts, and supplies to coworkers, based on information from incoming requisitions to the Inventory Stockroom.
- Provide assistance or direction to other stockroom, warehouse, or storage yard workers.
- Dispose of damaged or defective items.
- Clean and maintain supplies, tools, equipment, and storage areas to ensure compliance with safety regulations.
- Recommend disposal of excess, defective, or obsolete stock.
- Keep records on the use or damage of stock or stock-handling equipment.
- Prepare and maintain records and reports of inventories, price lists, shortages, shipments, expenditures, and goods used or issued.
- Determine proper storage methods, identification, and stock location based on turnover, environmental factors, and physical capabilities of facilities.
- Compile, review, and maintain data from contracts, purchase orders, requisitions, and other documents to assess supply needs.
- Prepare products, supplies, equipment, or other items for use by adjusting, repairing or assembling them as necessary.
- Determine sequence and release of back orders according to stock availability.
- Confer with other store personnel and vendors regarding stock procurement and availability.
- Advise retail customers or internal users on the appropriateness of parts, supplies, or materials requested.
- Supply Chain Logistics
- Warehouse Equipment Operations
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Inventory Management
- Supply Chain
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- organized, friendly, outgoing, ability to lift up to 50lbs or more, professional