Come volunteer at The Treasure Chest to help support local non-profits here in the Quad Cities!
We are looking for several volunteer Warehouse Clerks to handle receiving and shipping at our store in the warehouse area to ve rify and maintain records on incoming and outgoing shipments.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare items for shipment, as needed.
- Duties include assembling, addressing, stamping, and shipping merchandise or material
- Receiving, unpacking, verifying and recording incoming donated merchandise or material.
- Arrange for the transportation of products to the inventory room.
- Examine shipment contents and compare with records, such as manifests, invoices, or orders, to verify accuracy.
- Record shipment data, such as weight, charges, space availability, damages, or discrepancies, for reporting, accounting, and recordkeeping purposes.
- Prepare documents, such as work orders, bills of lading, or shipping orders, to route materials.
- Confer or correspond with establishment representatives to rectify problems, such as damages, shortages, or nonconformance to specifications.
- Pack, seal, label, or affix postage to prepare materials for shipping, using hand tools, power tools, or postage meter.
- Contact carrier representatives to make arrangements or to issue instructions for shipping and delivery of materials
- Deliver or route materials to departments using handtruck, conveyor, or sorting bins.
- Requisition and store shipping materials and supplies to maintain inventory of stock.
- Determine shipping methods, routes, or rates for materials to be shipped.
- Compute amounts, such as space available, shipping, storage, or demurrage charges, using computer or price list.
- Compare shipping routes or methods to determine which have the least environmental impact.
- Reporting & Dashboards
- Supply Chain Logistics
- Warehouse Equipment Operations
- Supply Chain
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- ability to lift up to 50lbs or more, must be organized, efficient, professional demeanor