Come volunteer at The Treasure Chest to help support local non-profits here in the Quad Cities!
We are looking for several volunteer Sorters to inspect, test, and sort donated products for defects, wear, and deviations from specifications.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Inspect, test, and sort donated products.
- Record and keep track of donated inventory.
- Mark items with details such as acceptance-rejection status, or for sales or store give-aways.
- Notify supervisors or other personnel of production problems.
- Discard or reject products, materials, or equipment not meeting specifications, outlined in store donation guidelines.
- Classify and sort products according to sizes, weights, colors, or other specifications.
- Clean donated items, as needed.
- Remove defects, such as chips, burrs, or lap corroded or pitted surfaces.
- Read dials or meters to verify that equipment is functioning at specified levels.
- Check arriving materials to ensure that they match donation deliveries, submitting discrepancy reports as necessary.
- Inspect or test raw materials, parts, or products to determine compliance with environmental standards.
- Stack or arrange tested products for further processing, shipping, or packaging.
- Adjust, clean, or repair products or processing equipment to correct defects found during inspections.
- Compute usable amounts of items in shipments.
- Weigh materials, products, containers, or samples to verify packaging weights or ingredient quantities.
- Disassemble defective parts or components from the donation inventory.
- Office Reception
- Supply Chain Logistics
- Customer Service
- Supply Chain
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 0-5hrs/week;10:00AM - 5PM; Tuesday-Saturday
- friendly, outgoing, organized, efficient, ability to pay attention to detail, courteous