Come volunteer at The Treasure Chest to help support local non-profits here in the Quad Cities!
We are looking for several volunteer Sorters to i nspect, test, and sort donated products for defects, wear, and deviations from specifications.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Inspect, test, and sort donated products.
- Record and keep track of donated inventory.
- Mark items with details such as acceptance-rejection status, or for sales or store give-aways.
- Notify supervisors or other personnel of production problems.
- Discard or reject products, materials, or equipment not meeting specifications, outlined in store donation guidelines.
- Classify and sort products according to sizes, weights, colors, or other specifications.
- Clean donated items, as needed.
- Remove defects, such as chips, burrs, or lap corroded or pitted surfaces.
- Read dials or meters to verify that equipment is functioning at specified levels.
- Check arriving materials to ensure that they match donation deliveries, submitting discrepancy reports as necessary.
- Inspect or test raw materials, parts, or products to determine compliance with environmental standards.
- Stack or arrange tested products for further processing, shipping, or packaging.
- Adjust, clean, or repair products or processing equipment to correct defects found during inspections.
- Compute usable amounts of items in shipments.
- Weigh materials, products, containers, or samples to verify packaging weights or ingredient quantities.
- Disassemble defective parts or components from the donation inventory.
- Office Reception
- Supply Chain Logistics
- Customer Service
- Supply Chain
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- friendly, outgoing, organized, efficient, ability to pay attention to detail, courteous