Come volunteer at The Treasure Chest to help support local non-profits here in the Quad Cities!
We are looking for several volunteer Store Checkers to r eceive and disburse money transactions for sales in the store.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- May use electronic scanners, cash registers, or related equipment.
- May process credit or debit card transactions and validate checks.
- Receive payment by cash, check, credit cards, vouchers, or automatic debits.
- Issue receipts, refunds, credits, or change due to customers.
- Assist customers by providing information and resolving their complaints.
- Establish or identify prices of goods, services or admission, and tabulate bills using calculators, cash registers, or optical price scanners.
- Greet customers entering establishments.
- Answer customers' questions, and provide information on procedures or policies.
- Sell tickets and other items to customers.
- Process merchandise returns and exchanges.
- Maintain clean and orderly checkout areas and complete other general cleaning duties, such as mopping floors and emptying trash cans.
- Request information or assistance using paging systems.
- Count money in cash drawers at the beginning of shifts to ensure that amounts are correct and that there is adequate change.
- Calculate total payments received during a time period, and reconcile this with total sales.
- Monitor checkout stations to ensure that they have adequate cash available and that they are staffed appropriately.
- Assist with duties in other areas of the store, such as monitoring fitting rooms or bagging and carrying out customers' items.
- Sort, count, and wrap currency and coins.
- Supervise others and provide on-the-job training.
- Bag, box, wrap, or gift-wrap merchandise, and prepare packages for shipment.
- Compute and record totals of transactions.
- Compile and maintain non-monetary reports and records.Post charges against guests' or patients' accounts.
- Offer customers carry-out service at the completion of transactions.
- Keep periodic balance sheets of amounts and numbers of transactions.
- Data Entry
- Sales Process
- Sales Coaching & Training
- Retail / Sales
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- friendly, outgoing, professional demeanor, ability to use cash register, and courteous