Come volunteer at The Treasure Chest to help support local non-profits here in the Quad Cities!
We are looking for several volunteer Stocking Clerks to stock merchandise on the sales floor and to arrange merchandise displays to attract customers.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- May periodically take physical count of stock or check and mark merchandise.
- Stock shelves, racks, cases, bins, and tables with merchandise and arrange merchandise displays to attract customers.
- Answer customers' questions about merchandise and advise customers on merchandise selection.
- Stamp, attach, or change price tags on merchandise, referring to price list.
- Stock shelves, racks, cases, bins, and tables with new or transferred merchandise.
- Compare merchandise invoices to items actually received to ensure that shipments are correct.
- Transport packages to customers' vehicles.
- Take inventory or examine merchandise to identify items to be reordered or replenished.
- Receive, open, unpack and issue sales floor merchandise.Clean display cases, shelves, and aisles.Design and set up advertising signs and displays of merchandise on shelves, counters, or tables to attract customers and promote sales.
- Pack customer purchases in bags or cartons.Requisition merchandise from supplier based on available space, merchandise on hand, customer demand, or advertised specials.
- People Skills
- Customer Acquisition
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Customer Service
- Supply Chain
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- friendly, out-going, professional demeanor, and courteous