We are looking for amazing, engaging, fun, and spirited Peer Group Rap Session Co-Facilitators for our after-school African-Centerd Rites-of-Passage program. Once a week the initiates come together and participate in educational classes that focus on topics that impact their lives. Each session is about 90 minutes in length and will be co-facilitated by qualified adults. The goal of the sessions is to provide a non-judgmental and supportive environment where initiates can come together to develop and enhance life-skills, explore issues that impact their lives, learn about their culture and take positive charge of their lives.
- Interested in and able to work with African-American youth in a culturally competent manner.
- Mentally and emotionally stable.
- At least 25 years of age.
- Able to make a long-term commitment as this program is on-going.
- Motivated for service.
- Possess a clear understanding or at least a healthy appreciation of African centered values, practices, and principles.
- Ready, willing, and able to mentally and emotionally invest in the lives of Black youth.
- Dedicated to promoting brotherhood/sisterhood
- Reading / Writing
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Once a week from 3PM - 5PM