SWANS mentors help girls 8-16 and their parents navigate the murky waters of adolescence to help them look deeper at themselves and come of age in a positive and nurturing environment.
Through a series of life skill workshops, age-focused retreats, after school project-based curriculum, and quarterly Party For A Purpose events, our SWANS Mentoring program provides a safe space for girls 8-16 to evolve from a mindset that they are Ugly Ducklings and embrace a beautfiul healthy mindset that they are graceful SWANS in the making.
Our SWANS Party for A Purpose events help girls navigate:
- Healthy Self Image & Body Awareness
- Family Skills such as how to talk to parents
- Character Development
- Life Skills such as Financial Literacy, Job Readiness, Dress for Success
- Social Skills in modern-day popular culture such as Anti-Sexting, Safe Internet Use
- College & STEM Curriculum Prep
Volunteer as a SWANS After-School Mentor, Party For A Purpose Facilitator, Motivational Speaker, Virtual STEM Mentor, or Event Staff.
For all quarterly programs in Georgia, volunteers must have their own reliable transportation, attend a Volunteer Orientation training, and pass a background check.
Professionals interested in providing Counseling, Pediatrics and Tech fields must provide a professional bio and references.
- Life Coaching
- Crisis Intervention
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Kids Teens Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Quarterly Events/ Occasional Weekends
- Proficient with Twitter & Social Media