Office Projects & Administrative Support
DONATE TO THIS
8 people are interested
Acacia Hospice is a not-for-profit end-of-life care agency located in Burlington County and serving patients and their families across the region. Our volunteers are treasured members of our hospice family and we are incredibly grateful for the ways they support the work we do.
ADMINISTRATIVE VOLUNTEER POSITION DESCRIPTON
Overall Responsibilities: To assist the administrative staff with general office duties associated with special projects, mailings, filing, organizing, phones, fundraising, etc.
Time Required: 2-4 hours, one day a week, during regular office hours
Reports To: Acacia Hospice Volunteer Coordinator
- The volunteer is part of an interdisciplinary team and provides administrative support for the hospice staff under the direction and supervision of the volunteer coordinator and office coordinator. Examples of support include (but are not limited to):
- Assists with mailings, including copying, collating, affixing labels, etc.
- Assist in maintaining patient records with appropriate filing.
- Assist with marketing and outreach projects including compiling mailings
- Document administrative hours/tasks in an accurate and timely manner.
- Practice personal and environmental safety while performing job duties.
- Participate in relevant educational activities required to provide competent support within a hospice environment
- Participate in community education to promote understanding of the agency’s mission, philosophy, programs and activities.
- Displays professionalism in the work environment.
- Performs related duties in support of Hospice Team as agreed to by the Volunteer Coordinator
Volunteers will be evaluated annually on these responsibilities & will be rated on a poor to excellent grading scale.
- Completion of application, interview, background check, health screening, TB testing per the hospice program’s policy and volunteer orientation
- Completion of the 6 part online training course, "Hospice and Home Care" with additional education and orientation regarding Acacia Hospice policies and procedures
- Ability to respect confidentiality at all times
- Ability to work independently and also willingness to work as a member of a team
- Practice attention to detail and display finely tuned organizational skills
- Computer skills are helpful but not necessary
- Have no significant personal loss within the previous year
We'll work with your schedule.
902 Jacksonville RoadBurlington, NJ 08016
- Hospice Care
- Program Management
- Critical Thinking
- Administrative Support
- Community Outreach
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2+ hours per week
- Must commit to training - about 10-12 hours