Come join the management team for the Quad Cities Missing Persons Network!
The Marketing Development Manager is responsible for planning, development, coordination, and implementation of all of the Quad Cities Missing Person Network’s marketing strategies and marketing communications internal and external, including marketing policies and programs.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans, develops, and implements QCMPN’s marketing strategy and the marketing communications plan.
- Oversees and coordinates activities of the Marketing Department.
- Oversees product development and monitors marketing trends that indicate the need for new products and services.
- Oversees development and implementation of support materials and services for the Quad Cities Missing Persons Network in the areas of marketing and marketing communications.
- Coordinates at the tactical level with the other functions of the Quad Cities Missing Persons Network.
- Oversees editorial direction and design of marketing ideas and brainstorming.
Managerial Leadership & Networking:
- Uses his/her leadership skills, industry contacts, and understanding of consumer behavior to help ensure the reputation of the Quad Cities Missing Persons Network.
- Assists the Chief Communications Officer, Treasurer (Finance Chair), Advertising Manager, and the Social Media Officer in presenting the organization to the public and news media in a marketable fashion.
- Plans, schedules, and participates in Marketing Department meetings, presentations, programs, assists with special events, and represents the Marketing Department in non-departmental activities.
- Delegates marketing responsibilities to Marketing Coordinators & Associates, as needed.
- Supervises the Assistant Marketing Department Manager, other Marketing staff, and volunteers to execute Marketing Development activities.
- Meets with clients to ascertain marketing goals.
- Connects with influencers in the organization’s market base to build ongoing relationships with them.
- Applies Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) concepts and methods throughout related activities.
- Performs job responsibilities in an ethical, compliant manner consistent with the organization's mission and vision statement, values, policies, procedures and protocols.
Marketing Research, Analysis, & Consultation:
- Performs extensive market research.
- Evaluates market penetration.
- Analyzes marketing metrics to identify cause and effect relationships.
- Evaluates demographics to ascertain the best target markets.
- Identifies positive financial outcomes to increase profitability.
- Creates databases to capture market data.
- Analyzes competitors.
- Assesses client's promotional needs and solicits client feedback. Solicits client feedback.
- Researches and analyzes market prices, distribution channels, and marketing outlets to determine the best avenue for advertising QCMPN’s fundraising efforts, services and products.
- Creates questionnaires and surveys to analyze different markets.
- Conducts secondary research (including finding information from industry associations, statisticians and marketing experts).
- Generates reports that analyze competition and clients.
Program Services and Product Sales:
- Develops sales strategies in tandem with the Finance Division and the Advertising Department.
- Determines the demand for products and services offered by the organization, its competitors, and identifying potential customers.
- Develops pricing strategies with the goal of maximizing QCMPN’s profits or share of the market while ensuring the organization’s clients are satisfied.
- Offer insights about product potential.
- Arranges for vendor services for design, printing, photography, ad placement, and other services.
- Finds online influencers in the organization’s social media market base who have quality audiences and are likely to be interested in the products and services that are offered by the Quad Cities Missing Persons Network.
- Analyzes social media trends on the organization’s Facebook accounts and other social media accounts to detect buying signals (such as content shared by people and questions posted online).
- Evaluates buying signals to help target relevant funding prospects.
- Acquires new target markets and convinces current markets to purchase Quad Cities Missing Persons Network products.
- Utilizes industry marketing contacts and understanding of consumer behavior to help ensure the Quad Cities Missing Persons Network continues to generate revenue and provide quality services and products to help raise funds for the Quad Cities Missing Persons Network.
Organizational Publications & Newsletters:
- Responsible for assisting the Chief Communications Officer & the Advertising Manager in production and marketing of all organizational publications.
- Assists the Chief Communications Officer in coordinating the appearance of all print and electronic materials for the Quad Cities Missing Persons Network, such as letterhead and use of logo, brochures.
- Assists and consults with the Advertising Manager about brand perceptions and reputations, etc.
- Assists the Social Media and Website Department in developing a long-term marketing road map that offers quality content that aligns with the strategic goals of the organization.
- Assists the Social Media and Website Department in creating interesting, unique, and valuable marketing ideas.
- Assists in identifying and implementing top website content-based marketing to accomplish organizational objectives and strategies.
- Evaluates website marketing content performance against the organization’s other marketing pieces.
- Analyzes website engagement rate for marketing potential (time on site, page views, visits, etc.).
- Assists Social Media Officer in creating highly-focused content that attracts attention and encourages readers to share it across social networks upon specific target markets.
- Assists in selecting potential social network markets to use.
- Assists the Chief Communications Officer in marketing products and services through social media.
- Measures performance of social network accounts from a marketing perspective, which includes evaluating audience and client base.
- Assists the Chief Communications Officer in directly marketing and developing a standard commercial message to be used through email.
- Utilizes emails to request business, or solicit sales or donations.
- Utilizes emails to build loyalty, trust, or brand awareness.
- Develops and manages the QCMPN’s market database.
- Sends email messages with the purpose of enhancing the relationship of the Quad Cities Missing Persons Network with its current or previous market base to encourage loyalty and repeat service.
- Conducts regular one-to-ones and performance appraisals for lower Marketing Department volunteer staff.
- Provides support, guidance and inspiration to Marketing volunteers encouraging opportunities for professional development when possible.
- Creates and promotes a team environment.
- Provides supportive services to the Fundraising Manager, Advertising Manager, Special Events Planner, Volunteer Services Manager, Volunteer Youth Program Coordinator, Search and Rescue Volunteer Coordinator, Membership Manager, and the Teenage Ambassador Coordinator by coordinating and closely with each, as needed.
- Plans, develops schedules, and implements marketing activities for ongoing solicitation of contributions, grants, and volunteer services.
- Assists the Advertising Manager in the promotion of products and services through social media.
- Participates in cross-department and organizational teams, as assigned.
- Performs other marketing duties, as assigned.
- It is expected that the Marketing Manager attend public events and potential networking events, as and when appropriate.
- Travel for education, training, and professional development may be required.
The Marketing Development Manager must understand the Quad Cities Missing Persons Network’s mission and vision, core values, and strategic goals. All candidates should have a background in nonprofit corporate marketing principles or be able to demonstrate an ability and willingness to learn. The Marketing Development Manager must have an understanding of how a non-for-profit corporation functions internally as a non-for-profit.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and the ability to interact with Officers, the Main Committee, and the organization's membership, all of whom come from multiple business or cultural backgrounds.
- Must have impeccable organizational skills.
- Be familiar with advanced statistical analysis and research methodologies, along with common computer programs.
- Ability to communicate with and interact effectively with internal and external contacts.
- Ability to manage meetings and present to internal and external audiences.
- Maintains a strong understanding of marketing practices within the wider Quad Cities community.
Preferred Education and Background:
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications, marketing, or business administration is preferable.
- Experience in media, corporate, healthcare, nonprofit, or similar setting with emphasis on writing, marketing, fundraising, strategic planning, and project management.
- Experience with independently managing internal relationships and contact with publics including media, vendors, donors, and volunteers or willing to undergo training to develop these qualities.
- Experience with graphic design, photography, and website management.
- Experience with training and supervising staff and volunteers.
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Business Development
- Sales Marketing
- Market Research / Analysis
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18