Pet Companions for Hospice Patients - San Jose and Surrounding Areas
45 people are interested
Inspiring. Meaningful. Life-changing. We're one of the Bay Area's oldest & largest non-profit hospices. We work with volunteers to conveniently place you and your pet on assignments near your home! Patients and families benefit from this program by showing signs of reduced stress and improved mood.
Is the pet-assisted volunteer program right for you and your pet?
- Does your pet have the right temperament to work with hospice patients?
- Is he/she calm, gentle and alert?
- Can your pet follow basic commands?
- Will you invest the time in taking a pet assisted activities training and certification course?
- Are you able to commit to at least one year as a Pathways volunteer?
If so, please contact us at(408) 773-4271 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to meeting you and your beloved pet!
About Pathways Home Health, Hospice & Private Duty
585 North Mary Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA 94085, US
Pathways Home Health, Hospice & Private Duty provides compassionate, quality patient and family-centred home health and hospice, promoting comfort, independence and dignity.
Pathways is a not-for-profit, community based organization that has been serving the Bay Area since 1977. We provide the highest standards of care to our patients in the comfort of their homes and provide support services to patients' families. Serving 5 Bay Area Counties!
We'll work with your schedule.
San Jose MilpitasCampbell CupertinoMountain View Santa ClaraSunnyvale (offices), CA 94085
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Four to Twelve Hours per month
- One year commitment