As an Adult and Family Advocate you will collaborate with staff to support people of all genders who have experienced relationship violence, sexual assault, exploitation, stalking and/or harassment, our Adult and Family Advocates are responsible for providing individualized supportive services and comprehensive advocacy to individuals and families currently living at Tubman’s shelters.
Impact & Benefits
* Practice supportive crisis intervention and conflict resolution techniques
* Foster a safe and empowering community and practice advocacy to support individuals and families who have experienced trauma or violence
* Gain experience in a residential shelter setting, including one-on-one client interactions
How to Apply
Applications are available on our website: http://www.tubman.org/get-involved/volunteer.html
Please contact Joanie Braun: email@example.com - 612-767-6680 if you would like to talk about the position or if you have any questions
We encourage applications from people of color, all genders, multilingual speakers, veterans and people with disabilities
- People Skills
- Crisis Intervention
- Problem Solving
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 10-12 hours per week in the spring
- Ability to work with diverse teams and clients to foster a culturally inclusive environment
- Special Events Planning...
- Personal Shopper (Minneapolis or...
- Youth Outreach Center Advocate -...
- Career Specialist - Apply now...
- Child Care Assistant...
- Day Camp Counselor for Children...
- Adult & Famiy Advocate - Serve...
- Recruitment Specialist - Apply...
- Computer Resource Assistant...
- Resource and Crisis Line...