25 people are interested
Executive Intern - Operations
ORGANIZATION: AWOFINC - A Work of Faith Ministries, Inc.
Please visit the new page to apply.
25 people are interested
The ideal intern should be interested in pursuing a career in social service nonprofit work. This position will specifically shadow the organizational leadership and serve as "right arm" by preparing for and attending meetings, coordinating media relations and corporate correspondence, budget management, personnel management, etc. The Founder and Chairman will devote considerable energy to transferring knowledge to the intern. The Operations Intern will support or occupy the office of the Director of Operations in directing the daily operations for each affiliate, community partnership, program and service. The Operations Intern will report to the Director of Operations, Executive Director, Board President and/or the Founder and Chairman.
- Prepare briefings on prospective clients or agencies in advance of meetings
- Participate in coalition, committee and team meetings, take notes, summarize minutes
- Attend meetings with funders, politicians, clergy, nonprofit leaders, and community representatives
- support general office duties such as monthly budget reconciliations, board reports, correspondence, database management, and filings
- consult w/Media Relations to maintain social media sites to encourage awareness of AWOFINC activities and mission
- assist with the production of the monthly newsletter
- look for and suggest ways to make internal operations more efficient and productive
- work with the various ministry areas to develop outcome measures and community impact assessments
- Students pursuing or possessing a Bachelors's degree or Master’s degree in Administration or related field.
- The intern should be adept with Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Web research and be skilled at creating forms, or instruments that help to track goals, outcomes, and financials.
- Excellent oral, written, and communication/presentation skills - Comfortable talking with and interacting with others
- Must be at least 18 years of age, have a valid driver’s license, and carry your own liability insurance.
- Ability to work well with diverse groups of people
About AWOFINC - A Work of Faith Ministries, Inc.
Human Resources Development & Training, Chicago, IL 60649, US
The mission of AWOFINC is to significantly reduce illiteracy, unemployment, youth gang activity, drug and alcohol abuse, violence and homelessness by developing happy purposeful people committed to giving something back to the community.
AWOFINC is a community initiative that is designed to meet the needs of families who do not have the resources that are to attain the supplemental educational services that are needed to enhance the possibility of success for their children. For over two decades AWOFINC has addressed the critical educational, financial, and social needs of the families in Illinois.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
November 21, 2022
- Resource Development / Management
- Program Management
- Executive Admin
- Strategic Planning
- Business Development
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Open - 10-15 hours per week
- Students pursuing or possessing a Bachelors degree or Master’s degree in Administration or related