Art Connects New York connects artists and curators with social service agencies throughout New York City to create museum-quality permanent exhibitions of contemporary artwork in their facilities, free of charge.
Over the past ten years, Art Connects has installed 40 exhibitions in various service agencies throughout NYC’s five boroughs. Guest curators who generate themes in conjunction with each partner agency organize these exhibitions. We are currently seeking a curatorial volunteer for SPRING 2017. The volunteer will assist in coordinating our 2017 placements including our summer 2017 exhibition at Diaspora Community Services. Please see the volunteer description below. If interested, please send CV and short letter of introduction (up to 500 words) in the body of your email.
- Work closely with Director of Programming
- Work with curator to gather and organize artist info
- Create lists and presentations of artists/artworks for team review
- Create lists and presentations of artists/artworks for exhibition archive
- Assist in research and writing
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Must have a professional demeanor and superior written communication skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Arts Administration
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Minimum 8 hours a week