Internship Job Description
Internship Job Title: Visitor Experience Intern Supervisor: Visitor Experience Director
The Visitor Experience Internship is designed to give student(s) a wonderful opportunity to gain customer service / hospitality experience in an environment that provides children and families with a place to play and learn.
Duties/Responsibilities: Create a welcoming environment for all Museum visitors.
- Greeting visitors and answering questions about the Museum’s exhibits, activities and events.
- Assist Visitor Experience team. This may include: front desk, café, and gift shop; maintain cleanliness of all visitor areas; assisting playwork team.
- Conduct visitor surveys as requested.
- Provide support as needed for special events.
- Support Museum’s volunteer program.
- Enthusiasm and support for the Children’s Museum of Southern Minnesota
- Experience working with children and families is preferred.
- Basic computer skills
Anticipated work schedule and other job specifications
Number of hours per week: approximately 10 hrs/week to be determined between student and Internship Supervisor
Days/times preferred: Thurs-Friday-Saturday, exact schedule to be determined
Application Deadline: December 31, 2016
Start Date: January 2017
Expected End Date: to be determined between student and Internship Supervisor
Application process: Submit resume to
Brenda Allen, Visitor Experience Director
Children’s Museum of Southern Minnesota
224 Lamm Street
Mankato, MN 56001
- Child Development
- Retail / Sales
- General Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training