School Group Intern
Unpaid position; available immediately
The Children’s Museum of Southern Minnesota is a dynamic, growing, child-centered non-profit 501(c)(3) organization. The mission of the Children’s Museum of Southern Minnesota is to ignite the natural curiosity of every child through the power of play in a dynamic, awe-inspiring environment.
The School Group Intern will support the Museum’s programming team by helping to develop and implement program activities and resources for the Museum’s school group programs. The intern in this role will work closely with Museum programming staff, as well as educators and students who visit the Museum.
Internship Responsibilities May Include:
- Facilitating activities for students who visit the Museum with school groups.
- Preparing materials and spaces for activities for school groups.
- Developing programming activities and printed and digital resources for educators and students about Museum exhibit content.
- Collecting and analyzing data from school program activities and school group visit observations.
- Performing research for school program activities.
- Assisting Museum programming and exhibit staff with other projects as needed.
- Experience working with and/or teaching children.
- Currently enrolled in or have completed some post-secondary education.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Research skills and a basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to demonstrate professional behavior.
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks and projects, to work independently and follow directions.
- Ability to work well with people, including children and families of all backgrounds.
- Ability to be flexible and change tasks at a moment’s notice.
- Ability to stand or sit for extended periods at a time.
- Ability to work a minimum of 12 hours per week.
- Availability between 8:30 am and 3:30 pm on weekdays.
To apply for this internship, submit a cover letter and resume to Dana Sikkila, Volunteer Coordinator, at email@example.com
- Child Development
- Teaching / Instruction
- General Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training