Our Lady of Peace Home, Hospice and Home Care (OLP) is a free-care hospice providing care to children and adults. OLP is in need of meal time volunteers to help serve people at our residential hospice location in St. Paul, MN. Volunteering hours are flexible and can fit with most schedules. This is a great opportunity for people over age 18.
Mealtime volunteers assist our nursing staff and patients before and during meal time and clean up afterwards.
Duties may include:
- Distribute fresh water before the meal.
- Bring meal trays to patients and pick up after.
- Assist patients with clothing protectors and tray set up if needed.
- Assist resident with their meal if needed. (Training is required to feed.)
- Prepare all utensils for the dishwashing staff to pick up.
- Put away clean & dry dishes when delivered from the kitchen.
- Air dry dishes if necessary by putting on dry racks in the kitchenette. When dry, if time permits, put in cupboards before leaving.
- Offer "spa" warm wash cloths to all patients on 1st & 2nd floor. Pick up all cloths after patients are done with them and put in proper receptacle.
- Check with nurses on 1st & 2nd floor for additional duties.
Training and orientation is provided to help you feel prepared.
Please consider this opportunity as it is an important part in the lives of people we care for. Volunteers like you allow us to continue our mission. Thank you!!
Interested? Sumbit a volunteer profile to Our Lady of Peace by following this link: https://www.cervistech.com/acts/webreg/webregaddvol.php?case_switch=2∨g_id=0167
- Veteran Care
- Hospice Care
- People Skills
- Food Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- This position requires standing, walking, sitting, twisting, and the ability to carry trays.