88 people are interested
EVENT PLANNING INTERNSHIP
88 people are interested
This is a remote position. You must live in the United States. The internship is non-paid.
We offer COLLEGE CREDIT and community service hours. You may customize the length of your internship (1, 3, 6, 9, 12 months, or by hours). It is ideal for dedicated individuals who would like hands-on experience in event production/planning, marketing, and public relations. We plan festivals, campaigns, conferences, workshops, panels, networking opportunities, and screenings. This role offers the intern a great hands-on experience!
- college credit
- professional development
- verification/references after a successful internship
This is a remote position where interns work from their USA-home base.
It is ideal for dedicated individuals who would like hands-on experience in event planning, marketing, and public relations.
We are looking for a motivated, detail-oriented, organized, go-getter to help us plan and execute our upcoming events.
We plan festivals, red carpet events, conferences, workshops, panels, networking opportunities, and screenings.
- Plan special events from "the ground up", including festivals, red carpet events, weddings, conferences, workshops, panels, networking opportunities, and screenings.
- Assist in preparing marketing materials including press kit, newsletter, playbill, media kits, contacting media, and press releases. Making calls to the local press to pitch stories.
- Researching venues, vendors, and maintaining the firm's contact database
- Creating creative content for social media and blog
- Developing excellent organization, time management, and problem-solving skills.
- Assist in arranging advertising trade with print and broadcast media, coordination of advertising production, calling to renew and generate new accounts.
- Assist in maintaining relationships with current sponsors and securing new sponsors.
- Developing strong oral and written communication skills.
- Maintain marketing databases.
- General administrative duties as needed
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- High School Diploma with some course work in college
- Must be energetic and very proactive, able to work in a fast-moving, demanding, flexible environment
- Deadline-oriented with strong time management skills
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Accuracy, productivity, and dependability are important attributes
- Must have dependable internet access as all of the work and events will be done and hosted remotely
- Good Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Must be Detail Oriented
- Must be able to Multi-Task
- Familiarity with Gmail/Google Docs
- Familiarity with social media platforms
- Excellent Internet research skills
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Should be open-minded, a fast learner, enthusiastic, and adaptable.
- Must have a personal laptop/computer with Internet access, a computer camera, and microphone
- Must be able to join weekly conference call team meetings
- Should be able to work independently as well as a team
To ensure the health and safety of our team, we are working and hosting all events/programs remotely.
About The Human Growth Foundation
997 GLEN COVE AVE STE 5, Glen Head, NY 11545, US
The Human Growth Foundation is a national (based in NY and CA), non-profit organization whose mission is to help children, and adults with disorders of growth and growth hormone through research, education, support, and advocacy. For information about HGF, visit www.hgfound.org.
It is composed of concerned parents and friends of children and adults with growth problems, physicians and other healthcare providers.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
August 7, 2021
- Event Management
- Social Media / Blogging
- Event Planning / Management
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Community Outreach
- Must be at least 19