The Glory Foundation seeks a dynamic, self-starter to assist with event planning efforts. This is anoutstanding opportunity for an individual interested in learning more about nonprofit fundraising and event planning. The internship offers exciting hands-on experience and the opportunity to gain new skills.
- Solicit sponsors, create and coordinate the drafting/distribution of promotional materials, sell tickets,collaborate and work with marketing and cover the logistics of the event.
- Update guest registration, seating information and related data entry
- Act as a liaison between the organization and vendors including negotiating pricing and pre-selecting options to present to the organization while maintaining budget for the event
- Manage and implement a plan for securing silent auction items
- Assist with insuring the special events content on the Glory Foundation website and social media sites are updated giving marketing team lead deadlines for information to be on website
- Assist with donor acknowledgement and guest follow-up
- Plan and facilitate planning committee meetings including distributing agenda and taking minutes
- Firm grasp of available tools and platforms in the social media space
- Completed or working toward a college degree, preferably with an interest in non-profit development and event planning
- Previous internship or related experience in fundraising or event planning is a plus
- Must be computer literate, including Internet research experience
- Professional demeanor and outstanding phone etiquette
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with press and community contacts
- Self-motivated, good organizational and interpersonal skills, detail-oriented, ability to multitask, prioritize, and meet deadlines
- Enthusiasm for the mission of The Glory Foundation and the families we serve
Start Date: Position open until filled, requires 3 - 6-month commitment.
Compensation: This is an Unpaid/Volunteer internship
To Apply:Please a send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 8 to 12 hours/week
- LEAD CROWD FUNDER
- Marketing Person
- Policy Procedure Writer 2
- Special Event Intern
- Fundraising Specialist
- Assistant Crowd Funder
- Graphic designer for Marketing...
- GRIEF SUPPORT VOLUNTEER
- Survey Designer and Research...
- GRAPHIC DESIGNER FOR EVENT...
- Volunteer Coordinator
- Virtual Volunteer Assistant
- Public Relations Manager
- GRANT WRITER ASSISTANT
- Policy Procedure Writer 1
- Nonprofit Attorney
- Social Media Community Manager