5 people are interested
The Heimerdinger Foundation is dedicated to educating the community about proper nutrition and providing nutrient-rich meals to patients fighting cancer through our Meals 4 Health and Healing program.
The client liaisons support our clients by visiting them at their homes one time, helping them understand how our food can make a difference in their healing and by staying in weekly communication to answer questions and make sure the food is working for them
Client Liaison Duties:
- Schedule and conduct one new client home visit to assigned Meals 4 Health and Healing client
- Communicate with client weekly (by phone, text or email) to answer questions and make sure the food is working for them (first 4 weeks once a week)
- Report back any concerns, changes and program feedback to Meals 4 Health and Healing program staff
- Inform client about classes, lectures and other offerings that might support their healing
Time Commitment: One hour per week for a minimum of three months.
- Prefer someone whose life has been impacted by cancer (survivor, family member or friend with cancer)
- Counseling or hospice experience (would prefer but not mandatory)
- Excellent listener and compassionate heart
- Ability to keep boundaries with others
- Work around your own schedule
- A background check, Volunteer orientation and Client Liaison training is required before volunteering.
We'll work with your schedule.
3701 Hillsboro PikeNashville, TN 37215
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Hospice Care
- Life Coaching
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- One to three hours per week for a min. of 6 months
- Client Liaison Training