PURPOSE OF THE POSITION: Transfer Coordinators are responsible for establishing transfer partnerships with other groups with the goal of saving lives by moving Dallas dogs to areas where there is more demand for adoption. Once partnerships are established Transfer Coordinators are responsible for overseeing animal transfers between DPA and other groups. Also, This is the person who talk to our friends in Toronto and NY, and other cities to get new partners set up.
Salary / Pay Rate: Volunteer
Outreach to prospect partners with introduction to DPA and what we do and proposal of new partnership.
Coordination to establish partnership and work out details
Once partnership is established responsible for communication between DPA and transfer partner, including:
Working out details of which dogs can go
Ensuring that all animals are vetted accordingly
Ensuring that transport details are coordinated
Any other communication between DPA and transfer partner
CONTACTS WITH This position reports to the Rescue Director, the VP of Animal Operations, and the Executive Director. OTHERS: Will have regular and continuous contact virtually or over the phone with other transfer coordinators, and other groups that are not DPA. Contacts with others will require tactful exchanges and a positive, professional demeanor.
- Must have continuous access to internet and phone for email and phone communication
Education and Experience: Must be a high school graduate with some related animal/rescue group experience
Understanding (or willingness to learn about) the situation in Dallas, the way DPA works, and the importance of transfer partnerships
Must have excellent oral and written communication skills, and be responsive and communicative
- Must have high attention to detail and ability to follow through on long term projects
- Program Management
- Animal Care / Handling
- Strategic Planning
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Feral Cat Colony Manager
- Website Coordinator
- Adoptions Craig's List (CL)...
- Animal Assistance Partner...
- Events Lead
- Director for Dallas Pets Alive!...
- Animal Rescue Volunteer Director...
- Foster Application Vetter
- Internal Newsletter Editor /...
- Foster/medical administrator
- Help us find new volunteers as...
- Rescue Partner Medical Coordinator
- Landlord and Vet Check Volunteer
- Graphic Designer
- Animal Vet Application Approval...
- Rent A Dog Coordinator
- Social Media Manager
- Positive Alternatives to Shelter...
- Foster Parent Representative
- Do you like going to events,...