Health Connected, a Bay Area nonprofit that has been providing sexual health education to local youth for the past 20 years, is seeking a highly motivated volunteer with proficiency in the Wix web development platform. We are currently building out an established web site, that has an existing domain and URL (http://www.lets-talk.how/).
The goal is to expand upon this existing site so it can serve as an informational resource for all parents looking to gain the tools necessary to communicate more effectively and comfortably with their children about the physical, emotional, and mental changes that occur during adolescence. Lets-talk.how will be a complement to Health Connected’s primary site, health-connected.org.
What we’re looking for: Our ideal volunteer will have Wix experience, and be
dedicated to the promotion of nonprofits, youth, sexual and reproductive health,
and/or social justice issues.
They will creatively approach our content through a collaborative process with our staff. This volunteer should have personal access to Adobe Creative Suite, experience in basic photo editing, and proficiency in InDesign and Illustrator. They should be resourceful in finding solutions, and flexible in accommodating requests and schedule changes. They should provide expertise to advise Health Connected staff on features to make the site easy to navigate and visually appealing.
Desired web site features include:
● Intuitive organization and navigation
● Clean and concise visual design
● Consistent with color, font and format of health-connected.org
● SEO research and implementation at a page level
● Contains forms (Parent Training Registration) and buttons (Donate) necessary for transactions
● MailChimp integration (Sign Up for Our Newsletter)
● Google Analytics integration
● Scalable (can grow with the organization)
Anticipated schedule: The project is anticipated to take 4-6 months starting February 2017, depending on staff capacity and volunteer availability.
To apply: Please submit a resume with 2 to 3 work samples that illustrate your qualifications for this position to jen(at)health-connected.org.
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Website Programming
- Website Project Management
- Web Design
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment