We are looking for individuals, who are passionate about providing access to opportunities for youth, to volunteer for our Advisory Board for the 2018 Jan-Dec term. Our Atlanta based My World Program serves teens 8th-11th grade by teaching leadership skills and cultural competency through local, national and international travel. Our ideal candidate should have an interest in sharing their time and talent to help our program grow. Please learn more about us at our website: myworldprogram.org , on Facebook at My World or on our Instagram page @myworldprogram and read below for a full description of the position. Thank you.
Experience in at least one of the following areas is a must:
Fund development, fundraising, grant writing or marketing
Community leadership development
Working with high school aged youth
Business owner, non-profit executive, or community leader
*Applicants who do not have experience in one or more of the above areas will not be considered. Previous Board experience is preferred but not required.
My World’s leadership is committed to ensuring that Advisory Board members benefit from their tenure with us. We believe that your time is priceless and that your input is important. We promise that:
- You will have the opportunity to positively impact youth.
- You will be heard.
- Your time, talent, and treasure will be respected and safeguarded.
- You will be able to grow and network with a diverse group of like-minded individuals.
- You will be recognized and appreciated for your service.
The purpose of the Advisory Board is to support the mission of My World by developing resources, sharing expertise, and building public awareness. This Board serves in a voluntary advisory capacity; it is not a governing body of My World.
Composition and Term
- 5 adults, 2 youth members
- 1 Year renewable term (Jan-Dec)
Description of Duties
- Review program evaluation and progress
- Raise public awareness about the program (promote program events on social media and in social circles)
- Refer perspective participants, review applications and conduct interviews
- Reach out to the community and assist staff with planning field trips, graduation program and fundraising
- Attend 6 Advisory Board meetings (3 in person and 3 via conference call)
- Participate in student interview process, graduation program, field trips and fundraising
- Donate or raise $200 to fund student travel scholarships
My World operates under the Atlanta Community Mentoring Organization 501(c)3
- Strategic Planning
- Grant Writing / Research
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 4 hours, every other month