Purpose: Takes calls from citizens when the shelter is closed about missing/found pets
Reports To: Volunteer Coordinator/Shelter Manager Location: Anywhere
Age Requirement: Minimum age 21
Time Commitment: One day per week from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Answer calls coming in
- Fill out lost reports and enters into pet point
- Email key shelter staff updates from the evening
- Monitor the After Hours Facebook page
- Update the volunteer that is taking over for you about any pending calls
- Commitment to the mission, values, goals, and success of the Cheyenne Animal Shelter
- Compassion for animals and their welfare
- Professional, Positive and friendly attitude
- Good communication and listening skills
- Engaging and outgoing
- Ability to work independently
- Self-starter with the ability to retain information learned during training and completing all required tasks during each shift
- Be willing to educate the public
Training/support provided: Complete Volunteer Orientation and Pet Point training.
Safety Measures: Refer to the Safety Manual, located in the Operations Office in the time clock area.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- Willingness to take phone calls in the middle of the night.
Attire: Follow guidelines in the Volunteer Policy and Procedures Handbook.
- Personal satisfaction; wagging tails, purrs and doggie kisses!
- Gain animal care and welfare education
- Improvement in communication and listening skills
- Data Entry
- Office Reception
- Basic Computer Skills
- Animal Care / Handling
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hours once a week
- One Monthly Meeting