Volunteer Engagement Lead - Northeast Oklahoma
The Department Volunteer Engagement Lead is responsible for overseeing "The Volunteer Experience" for volunteers serving in the department.
* Consults with department managers on position on-boarding, planned growth experiences, and volunteer career development.
* Provides consultation, coaching and training resources to promote positive workforce relationships (employees with volunteers, volunteers with volunteers) and effective ongoing volunteer engagement.
* Follows up with volunteers and department managers to ensure proper placement and job satisfaction.
* Consults with department managers regarding the leadership potential of volunteers and supports requesting department managers in developing leadership and advancement opportunities for volunteers.
* Serves as the point of contact for reassignment or referring volunteers to other department positions, or if not a fit for the department to Volunteer Services.
* Connects supervisors of volunteers to Volunteer Services HR relations team for mediation and facilitation of volunteer grievance and performance related issues.
* Leads ongoing discussions with requesting department managers about volunteer engagement cycle, roles and responsibilities working to identify what’s working and lessons learned.
* Conducts exit interviews.
* Works with team members to ensure the integration of their work with volunteer recruitment, referrals and screening, recognition, and Volunteer Connection.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- One year appointment, renewable annually