Office Support Volunteer
Support the Red Cross in delivering mission by providing administrative duties in assigned department.
Provide administrative support to your local team, department, or chapter.
* Perform general office administrative functions including: data entry, working with spreadsheets, drafting correspondence, answering phones, greeting and directing visitors to appropriate departments within the region / chapter.
* Assist in preparation of mailings, scheduling event rooms, etc.
* Communicate with volunteers, employees and clients
Broad understanding of the American Red Cross and its opportunities for volunteer service.
* Enthusiastic about Red Cross mission and programs.
* Competencies in Microsoft Office including Word and Excel
* Able to find information on-line and in printed manuals
* Able to work with computer database (training provided)
* Comfortable answering calls and making phone calls to volunteers
- Office Reception
- Data Entry
- Disaster Relief Call Center
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1 - 5 days per week, 4 hour shifts, preferably
- Orientation to the American Red Cross ? On-the-job training with volunteer supervisor