The Great Wall of Oakland is a small, Oakland-based arts nonprofit. Our mission is to educate, enliven and enrich urban communities with fresh and provocative art, to draw audiences to these spaces, and to provide talented artists worldwide a prominent place to showcase their work. Since 2006, every Friday during Oakland Art Murmur, the Great Wall of Oakland has illuminated the Uptown District with a 100'x100' projection installation of cutting-edge motion art from around the world. Thousands of Bay Area art fans descend upon the area to check out this one-of-a-kind site. The Great Wall provides high-quality art production for the general public, along with contributing to the economic and social health of Oakland and supporting artists in developing new work. On average, roughly 25,000 people interact with the Great Wall of Oakland each year. In addition to commissioning new work for the Wall, this year, the Great Wall will inaugurate a resident artist program in local schools, as well as a project that offers local residents the opportunity to get hands-on experience in video creation.
We are creating an Advisory Board, and particularly looking for individuals interested in fundraising who have existing relationships in the Bay Area to secure funds and ensure the fiscal success of our organization.
Responsibilities are as follows:
- Attend Advisory board and committee meetings, take on special projects
- Make a meaningful contribution to the wall: donate or raise a minimum of $1000 USD annually
- Promote our organization to your own network of friends, family, and colleagues, and to the community.
- Secure funding, by personal donations and/or existing relationships with Arts/Media and Education patrons
- Strategically supporting fundraising efforts to meet goals
This is an great opportunity to get involved in the arts in Oakland, and to help us grow our unique organization!
- Donor Management
- Grant Writing / Research
- Business Development
- Arts Administration
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- ~4-5 hours month
- Raise or donate minimum $1000 annually