Spectrum360 challenges expectations for children, adolescents, and adults across the full spectrum of autism and related disabilities through innovative special education, employment supports, and community-building.
We have evolved over the last 50 plus years in part because of the passion and commitment of our Board of Directors. As the organization continues to progress and extend our programs to offer increased options to the individuals we serve we are looking to continue to grow our Board.
We do not define individuals by their disabilities. Using evidence-based approaches, we push the boundaries of traditional programs and services, helping each person we serve to discover unique talents, develop self-worth, and maximize opportunities for independence, self-direction, citizenship, and community integration.
We are seeking individuals to join our Board of Directors who have the passion to help us in fulfilling our mission. Desired qualities and abilities of a prospective board member include:
- Conducts business as a Board Trustee with the highest degree of integrity and confidentiality.
- Upholds high ethical/professional standards.
- Has a commitment to and serve as an advocate for Spectrum360 and the individuals we serve.
- Has a passion to introduce others to the mission of Spectrum360.
- Possess the ability to bring their own talents and the talents of others to benefit the Board of Directors.
- Has influence and/or affluence to provide financial support to Spectrum360.
- Displays a willingness to address the challenges facing Spectrum360 with creative and innovative solutions.
- Demonstrates a positive problem-solving approach.
- Follows through and ensures expectations are met.
- Has the ability to motivate others.
- Conducts oneself in a professional and positive manner and shows respect to others.
- Is a team player.
- Is enthusiastic.
- Listens actively and promotes straightforward, open communication.
We expect the following commitment to being a Spectrum360 board member:
- Willingness to commit to a minimum of 6 hours monthly to the work of the organization.
- Attend board orientation, a minimum of 4 of 6 board meetings annually, and assigned committee meetings.
- Attend fundraising and other events throughout the year.
- Serve a three-year term with the opportunity to continue additional terms.
In the words of a Board Member, "Being part of Spectrum360 is inspiring on many levels. The students and clients are infectious as their unique abilities, challenges and triumphs make you see things like never before, and you want more of it. The staff and their choice to serve others with such a passion and commitment is amazing. And then there are the members of the Board who with their various talents, intellect, and huge hearts, do whatever they can to continue to move the organization forward."
To learn more about our organization, visit Spectrum360.org. If you are interested in becoming a part of this amazing journey and the opportunities at the Board and Committee levels, please contact Diane Berry email@example.com.
- Special Needs
- Strategic Planning
- Business Planning
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Public Relations
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 4-6 hours monthly