We are currently accepting shelter volunteer applications for our morning shift!
- The shelter is open to the public Tuesday through Saturday from 10am to 2pm. During these times, volunteers will have the opportunity to introduce our cats to potential adopters and welcome new cats and kittens to the shelter.
- Sundays and Mondays we are closed to the public but we still need volunteers to come in and help feed and care for the cats.
- Morning shelter volunteer shifts typically run from 9am to 12pm Tuesday - Saturday and 8am - 12pm Sunday and Monday. Although, we are very flexible in regards to scheduling--even an hour of volunteering helps us tremendously!!
- On-site training will be provided.
- Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Cleaning cages (scooping litter boxes, wiping down cage surfaces)
- Basic cleaning functions (dishes, laundry, sweeping/mopping floors)
- Greeting guests, answering questions, interacting with potential adopters
- Interacting with cats and kittens, providing playtime and exercise, and providing socialization.
- Providing basic grooming and care of cats as needed (clipping nails, brushing, etc)
Please visit our website to learn more and to fill out a volunteer application!
- People Skills
- Animal Care / Handling
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training