More than 400 girls are waiting to join Girl Scouts in San Diego, and we need volunteers to show them the way! As a Girl Scout troop leader or co-leader, you’ll help start a new troop in your area and work with the girls once or twice each month to help them learn and have fun together. You’ll be their cheerleader, guide and mentor, introducing them to new experiences that show them they’re capable of more than they ever imagined. The memories you share will last long after the meeting is over. Start today!
Who can start a troop? Just about anyone! Parents, teachers, professionals, college students, military personnel, women or men. As a new leader, you’ll receive plenty of training and resources to get started - no experience required.
What’s the leader's role? With the help of a strong support team and useful materials, a leader holds meetings for their troop of girls and adults. Meetings are an hour or two, and usually consist of skill-building and badge earning activities. Leaders also communicate with troop parents and their local Girl Scout support team for any help they might need.
How much time will this take? It's up to you! You decide how many times your troop meets. The time you give as a troop leader is valuable to us, and we'll give you tools that let you make the most of it. On average, leaders commit five hours per month, with room to grow if you choose to do additional activities.
Natural mentor -eager to make a difference in the lives of girls
Team player - able to work productively and respectfully with people of diverse cultures, abilities, personalities, ages, and backgrounds
Enthusiastic -be ready tohave fun!
Become a registered Girl Scout member ($25/year, financial assistance available)..
Complete online background screening.
Comply with safety rules.
Honor and live by the Girl Scout Promise and Law.
When you register for volunteer opportunities with Girl Scouts San Diego, you agree that we can: 1) communicate with you and 2) email you opportunities.
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Varies from 5-10 hours monthly.
- Register as a Girl Scout member ($25/yearly - financial assistance available).
- After school program in need of...
- Service Unit Registrar – Emerald...
- Service Unit Manager- Mira Mesa
- Girl Scout Troop Leader - East...
- Service Unit Recognitions Chair-...
- Service Unit Manager- Oak Creek...
- Girl Scout Community Outreach...
- Service Unit Treasurer- Carmel...
- Service Unit Treasurer- Carlsbad
- Help Us Honor Cool Women!
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) Girl...
- Girl Scout Troop Leader -...
- Service Unit Registrar – Poway...
- Service Unit Treasurer- Lilac...
- Service Unit Registrar – Mira Mesa
- Service Unit Registrar – Lilac...
- 2018 Operation Thin Mint Sendoff
- Girl Scouts Troop Leader -...
- Service Unit Recognitions-...
- Service Unit Registrar –...