Special Events and Development Intern
WhenMon Jan 16, 2017 - Wed May 31, 2017
Where70 W. Streetsboro StreetSuite 201Hudson, OH 44236
The Special Events and Development intern will assist the development team in increasing revenue and community engagement by providing critical support related to special fundraising events. (UNPAID)
Essential Role Functions
- Assemble and mail sponsorship proposals, create comprehensive sponsor Excel lists, update contacts within the list, maintain status updates, follow-up with sponsors
- Assist with securing donation and auction items
- Follow-up with auction, food, beverage, and activity donors
- Help with day of event set-up, tear down, registration, or other event stations
- Work on other development projects as needed
- Friendly, personable communication skills; ability to speak confidently over the phone.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google products (Gmail, Drive, Docs, Forms, etc.)
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities; ability to work with diverse populations; high degree of creativity; high energy, maturity and leadership.
- Proximity to Hudson and/or familiarity with the Greater East Ohio region is a plus.
- Data Entry
- Event Design & Planning
- Event Planning / Management
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 10 - 15 hours a week